Saturday, September 20, 2008

Rain, Rain and more Rain

Jamie said it hadn't rained since July 22nd...until today. This morning we woke up to loud, but awesome, thunder and lotsa rain. I'd normally listen and watch the storm, but today was the WOMENS FITNESS CELEBRATION!! In case you aren't familiar it's a little 5K.

The only waterproof pants I have are snow pants...I can't wear those. The jacket I was wearing I thought was waterproof, but I soon found out, it wasn’t; I should’ve known since it was from the GAP. But we still ran, cheered, laughed, got extremely wet (especially our feet) and finally went out for breakfast.

Jamie, Tess and I before we started Here we are waiting for our wave to be called. It was still raining so we waited in the entrance of a parking garage.
Meg was our entertainment. She stood over the vent and did a little dance...That's how she warms up...
Then she pulled out Marilyn. Meg-I wasn't going to put this on, but I couldn't help it. I laughed so hard when I saw this picture.
Tess and I stopped to take a picture of all the runners. We were faster than all those people...jk. There were probably at least twice as many people in front of us.
All done...ready to get in the car and dry off!!! It was fun, we'll do it again next year.

5 comments:

The Muries said...

Hey Holly we wish you would have run past Alphonzo's, as Dave calls it. Looks like you had fun though. Thank you for everything this weekend.

dcscrivy said...

Oh, so fun, wish I was there with ya.

SILLYA said...

looks like you had a great time!
I enjoyed my nice warm (DRY) home...not much for the adventure, I guess...
celia
incrediblejourney14.blogspot.com

Bryce and Valerie Waite said...

I love the picts of your walk! Hey I also wanted to tell you THANK YOU! SOSOSOSOSOO much! You helped a ton today it was fun to have you here and entertain me while I worked I hope you had fun filing! You are GREAT! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Wasn't it awesome?! Even in the rain I love the feel of running the race! Yes, I ran about 2 miles! Did you?