Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Big Pumpkin Seed

Last night we carved pumpkins. Each year I have to fight the urge to throw the gooey insides at someone...anyone. That is the kid in me coming out. But since we were indoors, I controlled myself. The picture above was Meg's great idea. Carson definitely wasn't happy about it until he found his fingers. He's going to be like his Uncle Tom.Too bad we didn't have one big enough for Maeley to fit into. Still, she had fun carving and helping, but didn't like the "insides" they were too cold. Everyone carved their pumpkins and with out planning it they turned out clumped together by family. Can you see a difference between the Smith pumpkins and the Perry pumpkins? I think trick-or-treaters will be more impressed by their cool, scary pumpkins than they will be of our happy, jolly ones.Oh, and I made a Halloween cake and it was one of the easiest I've ever made. The cookie was the hardest part. Yummy. Ya know what; I'm going to go have a piece...hurry home Jace or there might not be any left...

4 comments:

lifeisgood said...

Love Love the pics and Carson looks to cute inside that pumpkin :) Great job!!! How is the costume coming?

dcscrivy said...

I love the cake, very cute, you are good at those cakes. When are you coming over, I am very excited for it!!!

Billy and Megan said...

Hey, I just burned your cd- totally forgot about it last night. Now you can burn me one with the pumpkin pics. Love little Carson in that pumpkin. Whoever thought of that is BRILLIANT!

Bryce and Valerie Waite said...

Hey Holly sorry I havenot been on here forever! Your cake looked so good!! and the cookies tasted good as well as looked so cute Good job. talk to ya later