Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Don't Even Know Where to Start

If you know me at all, you know I usually have lots to say, but once sit down to blog, my mind stalls and I only want to add pictures, ya know what I mean? So, I have some photos of little things I've been doing or things that have been going on. So get ready, it might seem like a lot, and even a little random, but in my life it's the little random things that I like the most.
First: Carson's Boards
The AWESOME Jody Luke does vinyl lettering. I knew wanted to put Carson's name in his room, but I had a lot of ideas bouncing around in my head. Jody was so patient with me as I switched lettering fonts, colors and board sizes. She's the bestest!!!
So after cutting the boards and painting (Jody cut and beveled, I painted)....

...we put the letters on and hung them up. BTW this was not all in one day.
Add Image

Side Story:
When Maeley saw that I was painting she, of course, wanted to paint too. I wanted her to be able to paint, but I didn't want her to make a huge mess. I asked her what color she'd like to paint, and she replied "blue.", so I put water in a cup and added blue food coloring. Tee hee, she didn't know the difference and was happy painting and I didn't have to worry about cleaning up a huge mess. Second: Carson Sitting Up
Our little boy has been sitting on his own for a few weeks. He started doing it while Jace was out of town so I grabbed a few shots to send to him. His favorite place to sit is in the bathroom in front of the mirror. I'm happy that he likes it, but I can never walk away because it's the one place that if he falls he would do some serious damage to himself.And why is it so natural for a person (Maeley) to want to play with a toy that he/she has had NO interest in for almost 2 years suddenly become so interesting. It's funny how that happens. She was good though and patiently waited for her turn.Third: Family Photos
Another AWESOME friend, Meg, did our family pictures. We have lots that we like, but I don't want to post them until we send out our Christmas cards. These ones won't be sent out, but I still love them.

Forth: The Aults Coming

Sarah and Dale (my sister and her husband) came to Boise and had a little get away. As Alwasy we had a blast with them. But something I've never done before, that I got talked into, was cutting Jon's (my nephew) hair. It was crazy because he actually has a full head of hair as opposed to Jace's hair...ya know what I mean? Look mom, I've come a long way since dad first cut Jon's hair, remember?

Anything else??? Well most everything else I don't have pictures of. But it's been a fun month with lots more to mention, but I think I''ll stop for now. If you haven’t died from boredom, good job. I finally got a new post in! Oh, and if there are lots of typos or run on sentances or whatever; I don't care, I'm not going to go back and fix them.


The End

10 comments:

Nate and Jamie said...

Well, I was wondering where this blogger went! JK--The family pics are cute-Meg did a good job. And I love Carson's name! I wish we could hang out more but Livi is still sick--yes, I know--it's been 18 days (not that i've counted).

jody said...

so glad you like how Carson's boards turned out. His room looks SO good. now we need another project to work on!
LOVE the family pics. can't wait to see the rest of them.

The Muries said...

sound like you have been really busy. You guys have cute pictures. Can't wait to see you next week.

dcscrivy said...

OH, your letters look sooooo good!!! I haven't done my craft yet, but I have been thinking about it every day, just haven't had a chance to get all the way down to the craft store for supplies. FUnny thing, about that wanting the toy they haven't played with for two years, we have the same exact toy and have the same exact problem here. That is too funny, gotta love the jealous sibling rivalry that starts early. Good thing our little girls are nice, it could be much worse.

Mary said...

How did the haircut turn out? We need an "after" photo! Yes, I remember his first haircut from Dad--oh my! I love Carson's name; it looks great in there! As to the toy "sharing"--some things never change. Maeley's painting reminded me of when the boys would go with Dad on a paint job and he would give them a bucket of clear water and tell them to paint the sidewalk while he painted the house. You'll have to ask Mark if he remembers that. Can't wait to see the other photos!

The Legg Fam said...

I love all the pics. I especially like the family ones. You guys are such a sweet family.

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Carson's room looks awesome. I LOVE the paint job. I could never do that...I don't have the patience! Nice work!!! Super cute family pictures.

Justjan Godfrey said...

Fun pictures of you and yours. I love Carson's room. I want to hear what your next project is going to be....now that I've got my wall done (with your help) I need something else. After the holidays.

Gage said...

I love the Carson boards - they are so cute!! I also can't believe that anybody in their right mind would trust you to cut their hair...but oh well huh!! Cute blog, I love to look at it.
Krista

The Muries said...

Hey I tagged you on my blog btw. can't wait to see you tonight or tomorrow. I hear you won't be here on Sunday anymore. Bummer but I understand.