Tuesday, May 19, 2009

oUr fUn tRip tO deNver

Maeley, Carson and I just returned from Denver and we had such a B-last!!!!!! Denver is not a location that we would usually pick as a "vacation" but it did feel like one, at least to Maeley, Carson and I. Jace has an audit job out there and was going to be gone for a few weeks, so instead of staying home by myself every night for what would seem like for-ev-a, we flew out there for 10 days. It was a prefect location, because Steve lives out there too...BONUS. We had a grrrrrrrrrrreat time and we were definitely sad to come home. But here are a few picts of our trip. Some of the days I forgot my camera in the hotel room or at Steve's so not everything (like the zoo) is on here. However, the zoo was awesome. I've never stayed at a zoo that long....the kids were soooooo entertained. So lemme tell you about it...FYI kinda long...lots of pictures, coulda done a slide show, but didn't want to...


The Morning Of: I had been on top of my game and had pretty much everything done, but while I finished up a thing or two Maeley ran around already to go asking "Is it time to go, Mom, Can we go now?"

She had her "airplane" backpack (equipt with snacks, activities and books) on all morning.
We arrived at the airport early enough just in case we ran into any problems. So with a little time on our hands we had lunch...
...played at the arcade (yuck, I let her, but in my mind all I could think of was germs/swine flu)
And finally got on board. Maeley was so excited. We have gone to pick up Jace from the airport SOOO many times and now she finally got to be on an airplain too. Even though she has flown several times before, this was the first time she actually knew what she was doing. FYI the rest of the flight sucked. Carson screamed, I was soaked from his bottle and all I wanted to do was get off. The next few days were lots of playing inside, outside....morning 'til night



One of our favorite nights was the first night at the hotel. All of Steve and Julie's kids came and we had a pool and pizza night. All of the kids were lauighing and screaming so LOUD that Julie (my sister in-law) thought she was going deaf. It was actually really funny.

I couldn't resist taking this picture. I think it's the worlds biggest wedgie and it on MY daughter. Such a proud moment....
We stayed at the hotel for a few nights and Maeley LOVED it!!! We all did.
This just made me laugh. I didn't know Carson cared so much about current affairs. Look at him read, he's not even 1.
JK

It was such a fun trip. It was like a family vacation, except for the fact Jace went to work during the day. Kinda weird. But I hope you got through all of this and are still alive. Lots of photos, I know, but I didn't include (because I didn't take the photos) the Giants game, our zoo day, the look on Steve’s face when he thought his wallet was stolen, the fun shopping and shopping bags, Julie's birthday party or any photos of the crazy Denver area drivers.

8 comments:

The Muries said...

I am glad you had fun! I want to see the rest of the photos.

Unknown said...

We miss you guys! Thanks for spending time with us. I'll get those pictures to you! We love you all!

The Dewey Family said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun!! We need to get together again soon!! We miss you guys. :)

Billy and Megan said...

How Fun! Welcome back! I love reading what you write because you write just like you type and I feel like you are telling me in person :)!!!! I'm thinking that picture of Maeley should go in her wedding slideshow!

dcscrivy said...

Looks like a lot of fun, and it had better have been because we all missed out on a girls night of a lifetime :) But seriously, glad you could go, I have no idea how you deal with Jace gone so much, I would die. And I can't believe how much Carson looks like Jace, that is fun, especially since Maeley looks so much like you.

jody said...

so glad you had so much fun
SO glad you are back
I missed you!!

Stacey said...

Sometimes the "unplanned" trips are the funnest aren't they? Being together is all that matters. We need to come visit you sometime, but don't have your number. Would you mind giving Jeni or I a call - thanks!

tim said...

That's the nicest Motel 8 room I have ever seen! How was the shower head?